Erectile dysfunction, or impotence, as it is commonly known, is the inability to achieve and maintain an erection high enough for sex.
Erectile dysfunction is a significant issue in the bedroom for many men. If it happens from time to time, that does not necessarily cause concern; but this becomes an ongoing problem and affects your self-confidence or relationship issues.
When you have trouble getting an erection, it can cause stress and affect your self-confidence. If that becomes the norm rather than an occasional problem, then erectile dysfunction could be causing relationship problems in turn.
Erectile dysfunction can be a problem for men at any age. It is not just an issue faced by older adults, but it does become more common as the man manages and his testosterone levels decrease over time.
Why it happens –
Erections are complex physical processes involving blood flow into penile tissue in response to neural stimulation from psychological arousal (thoughts) and peripheral input (touching). Erection difficulties arise when there are inadequate amounts of nitric oxide available due either.
Symptoms of Erectile Dysfunction –
- Men with Erectile dysfunction may experience-
- Trouble getting an erection
- Trouble keeping an erection
- Reduced sexual desire.
Causes of Erectile Dysfunction –
Male sexual arousal is a complicated process that involves the brain, hormones, emotions, and many other factors. Any of these can cause male erectile dysfunction, or it may just happen at random times for unknown reasons.
Stress has been proven to worsen erectile dysfunction, so living an enjoyable life without stress will ensure you can live as standard with your abilities no matter what happens in everyday life!
Erectile dysfunction has many causes, and a combination of physical or psychological issues might be the culprit. For instance, if you have anxiety about maintaining an erection because it takes too long to get one started due to some minor condition, then your erections will become even more complicated with time as we stress over them.
Other causes –
- Heart disease
- Clogged blood vessels (atherosclerosis)
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Metabolic syndrome is a condition that affects every aspect of your life, from blood pressure to weight.
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Certain prescription medications
- Tobacco use
- Peyronie’s disease — growth of scar tissue inside the penis
- Alcoholism and other forms of substance abuse
- Sleep disorders
- Treatments for prostate cancer or enlarged prostate
- Low testosterone
Emotional causes of Erectile dysfunction –
Healthy and satisfying sex life is an integral part of a happy relationship. Problems with the emotional or relational aspects can cause difficulties in achieving erections, making it difficult to enjoy sexual intercourse.
Emotional causes –
- Relationship conflicts
- Stress at home or work
- Pressure from social, cultural, or religious conflicts
- Worry about sex performance
Prostate disease and ED –
Most of the time, ED is not caused by prostate cancer. However, in some cases, it can be because of surgery and radiation therapy used to treat symptoms like pain or urinary problems resulting from this type of disease.
Acute non-cancerous diseases such as prostatitis (inflammation) also contribute to erectile dysfunction.
If you avoid taking the treatment, you may experience these complications such as;
- An unsatisfactory sex life
- Stress or anxiety
- Embarrassment or low self-esteem
- Relationship problems
- The inability to get your partner pregnant
- Test to diagnose erectile dysfunction
Physical examination –
The first step to figuring out if you have sexual dysfunction is a physical examination. You may also need an additional test or two, like checking your medical records for any underlying conditions that could be causing these symptoms.
For some people with ed, the only way they know something’s wrong is when their spouse/partner complains about it! Healthy sex life can make everything feel better in all aspects of one’s life, so don’t ignore those warning signs – see a doctor and get checked ASAP!
Additional tests –
Additional tests may be conducted to diagnose Erectile dysfunction
- Injection test
- Urine test
- Blood test
- Nocturnal penile tumescence (NPT test)
- These tests will help your doctor find out the exact cause of Erectile dysfunction and suggest the right course of treatment.
To treat ED, you have some things that need to be taken care of. Your doctors will identify risk factors such as smoking and unhealthy diet habits, contributing significantly towards ED. You may also find yourself being offered alternatives or potentially life-changing medications if your current drugs are not working for you anymore.
Your doctor is first required to provide you with noninvasive treatment, such as drugs. These are then checked against all of your risk factors for them to be chosen wisely and effectively.
Sildenafil drug treatment –
Sildenafil (or Viagra) belongs to a phosphodiesterase inhibitor class that works by increasing Nitrous Oxide levels in your body needed for an erection.
Cenforce (Sildenafil) is a pill used to treat erectile dysfunction. It not only increases blood flow but also helps men get an erection by increasing their testosterone levels. The treatment has shown great success, with at least 2/3 of patients getting better erections after taking the medication and seeing some improvements in just two hours or less!
Key facts about Sildenafil –
It typically takes 30 to 60 minutes after ingestion before it kicks in and up to 4 hours beforehand if you plan on having sex soon!
The body needs to be aroused so that the erection can happen naturally and increase in size. Otherwise, you may experience a flaccid penis or no penis at all.
As per your doctor’s prescriptions, take the dose, do not decrease or increase the quantity, and take as per the suggested time.
Tadalafil – Vidalista (Tadalafil) is a popular treatment for erectile dysfunction (ED). Not only are its effects longer-lasting, but the medication also enhances blood flow to your penis.
Key facts –
- Tadalafil tablets can have a list of common side effects like headache, nausea, and back pain. If you happen to be allergic or sensitive to any medication in tadalafil’s ingredients, make sure your doctor is notified before use!
- Tadalafil can be dangerous and even deadly if you take street drugs containing nitrates, such as amyl nitrate or butyl. Your doctor will probably tell you not to take tadalafil if this is the case; please consult your physician for more information.
- Avoid eating grapefruit and drinking alcohol while taking this drug.
- Follow doctor’s instructions and do not increase or decrease the dose without doctor’s prescriptions.
Though erectile dysfunction is a common problem, it can be treated with the right drugs and proper care. It affects men of all ages, but doctors have found that patients typically see results within six months by following their dosing instructions.
If you experience any side effects, consult your doctor as soon as possible so they can make changes or switch out prescriptions for you to achieve an erection!